- Mifepristone, an FDA and Health Canada approved antiprogestogen, used to induce abortion.
- C6 rat glioma cells implanted into brains of male Wistar rats
- temozolomide applied to the rats at a dose of 5 mg/kg/day intraperitoneally
- mifepristone applied to the rats at a dose of 10 mg/kd/day subcutaneous injection
- rat survival as show below ("sham" refers to rats undergoing sham surgery with no glioma cells implanted)
- combination of temozolomide + mifepristone was effective where either single agent alone was ineffective
Full study links here: https://www.mdpi.com/2072-6694/11/1/16