Tuesday 12 September 2017

Suggestions for a Cocktail that does not include TMZ

Hello, my husband has stopped taking TMZ after 2 adjuvant rounds after having debilitating fatigue, dizziness and nausea. He is doing much much better. He is unmethylated and IDH Wildtype. When he was taking the TMZ he did take disulfiram and copper. He is also taking metformin and celecoxib. I know some of these drugs are meant to help the TMZ do what they are supposed to do. Does anyone have suggestions on what off-label drugs he should take if not taking TMZ?

He is taking the standard supplements as well as cannabis oil and wearing the Optune. Thanks.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Diane,
    When my wife was taking TMZ she had very bad nausea on one occasion, probably due to Disulfiram. A very small amount of alcohol can trigger the reaction. Didn't use it again.
    It might be worth researching clomipramine or dca.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My brother had reaction to TMZ when the Stupp protocol was to take it over five days. He then agreed to take 100 MG per day for 17 days and just now gets a little tired. Our doctor said what ever he wants to do. He is wearing Optune for 4 months and so far two MRI reports are slow to shrinking tumor.
    Andrew aspenandrew@hotmail.comc

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Andrew, I found your comment from the doctor interesting..whatever he wants to do...I get that feeling too but it is a little unsettling, so much power. I asked about doing TMZ like that or a metronomic scale but our doctor was not if favor. He said studies showed more toxicity. He offered to go back to the lower first dosage, 280 mg but I don't think we will. His MRI on Thursday was still stable. I I didn't understand completely the status of your brother's tumor, it is shrinking? Best, Dianne

    ReplyDelete