Monday 9 May 2016

Blocking BCAT1 and or Glutamate

Hi all
Wondering if any1 could help me.
My dad's pathology report stats that he has over expressed BCAT1 and is idh1 wild type.
I have been searching trying to find something that may be able to block this aggressive amino acid.
I have only found one paper paper to suggest that a drug may help it is an anti seizer med called gabapentin, has any1 took or used this before ?
BCAT1 is the reason wild type idh1 are more aggressive.
Also I was wondering if anyone knows of any know ways of blocking glutamate? As this is what fuels these things?

http://www.patentsencyclopedia.com/app/20150374800

Many thanks all

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for pointing out this use of gabapentin Dayle. I'm going to read up on it.

    And I'll upload this study to the Library:

    BCAT1 promotes cell proliferation through amino acid catabolism in gliomas carrying wild-type IDH1.
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23793099

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Stephen
    Thanks for the reply
    That would be great if you could have a read and tell me what you think
    I'm not very good at translating these papers into English :)
    Do you know of any other methods or coukd you tell me the dosage that a human would need to take ?
    Thanks for all your hard work mate

    ReplyDelete