Tuesday 4 October 2016

Medicinal Mushrooms

Hello everyone!

I currently have my husband taking three different kinds of medicinal mushrooms: Turkey Tail PSK, Maitake D fraction, and Reishi.  Originally I started him out on pills, but between all the other supplements and medications, the mere sight of his pills makes him want to gag.  He seemed to really detest the mushrooms out of them all, so I switched to extracts in a smoothie.  I have been able to get away with that for a few weeks until recently.  He swears he can taste them.  His taste for food has definitely changed these past few weeks of treatment (he is in week 5 of 6 of radiation/TMZ).  Normally never a picky eater, now he has developed extreme distaste for foods he normally loved.  So my question to you all is: If I had to give up one or two of the mushrooms, which would you remove?  Or perhaps you have another suggestion for disguising them that works particularly well for the pills you can't stand?  I hate to give them up.  I'm doing everything I can think of so far to keep his immune system healthy.  His blood work has been good each week despite the fact that I refused to give him the antibiotic his oncology team prescribed and I can't help but think that the mushrooms play a role in that.

1 comment:

  1. hi Christine,

    I can not give you advice, I am telling you what I am doing.

    I am giving to my husband maitake with reishi at once, and when finish the bottle i turn to turkey tail PSK, and so on...i observed also that is too much at once to give him all.eventualy I combine turkey tail with cordiceps .
    i wish heal to all!

    Melinda.

    ReplyDelete