Tuesday 19 July 2016

I just want to let everyone know that my daughter Debra is doing very well after the Pulmonary Embolism. She is home from the hospital and back to about the same activities. She will be one blood thinners for at least 6 months. I did research several clinical trials and it does appear quite common to accept patients whom had DVP or PE on trials as long medical management is working.
I am surprised that none of her doctors have ever mentioned the higher risk for blood clots (7 times) for all cancer patients and that this is even higher for Pancreatic and Brain cancer patients.
I recommend that everyone educate themselves as to the symptoms of a blood clot. Thank God that Debra recognized something was seriously wrong and went to the ER at 3 a.m.!

No comments:

Post a Comment