Thursday 7 July 2016

Join Me in Nominating Stephen or Any1 Else: Nominate Your GBM Hero Today @ Cure

Good Morning Everyone,
I just got an email from Cure about nominating your GBM hero. I, like all of u, I am sure, know that all our loved ones dealing w/ this (now or in the past) ferocious cancer are all the heroes. And all of you who help support, navigate, make treatment decisions, deal w/ the physical and emotional toll GBM brings with it every minute of the day/night, all while continuing to care for yourselves, others and while dealing w the daily grind of life, are also the heroes. However, the more I thought about it and read what they r looking for, one person came to mind; Stephen. He has gone above and beyond with his help and I will never be able to repay him (no $ amount would b able to express my sincere gratitude, although $ is nice if I had it!!). He takes his own time to respond to each of us, looks at each of our individual situation and will send us studies, trials, his opinion of what to do, shares what he learns and not only does he put it all in a website but he even made and organizes this blog which we know is a lot of work. I fig this is one small way we can show him our appreciation and say Thank You. So, I hope u all will join me and take a few min to nominate Stephen or someone else, if u prefer. Stephen, and every single one of u have helped me in ways u will never know. So, I thank u all and u r all my heroes. I hope u don't mind this Stephen and leave it up!! I did not get a chance in my mad rush this morn to read every sentence  of it. If I missed anything, let me know.

Thanks,
Kylie


http://www.curetoday.com/events/gbm?utm_source=Informz&utm_medium=Cure+Today&utm_campaign=GBM+Heroes+eBlast

http://mjh-cure.informz.net/z/cjUucD9taT01MzkyNzAxJnA9MSZ1PTg4MzMyMTAzNyZsaT0zNjIwMDUwNw/index.html

13 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Excellent idea Kylie, unfortunately being an Australian citizen I'm ineligible to nominate :(

      Delete
  2. You're quite right. Stephen's contribution has been enormous. I'm quite sure he's responsible for many, many months of life saved, and perhaps for some durable remissions. Even if none of that were true, he's helped many feel much less alone, and given hope to many. These, too, are invaluable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tell my wife constantly, 90% of everything I do for her, I do because of Stephen, with Ben Williams taking the balance.

    Can we vote or do we each fill out a nomination?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww thanks everyone for your kind words! It certainly feels nice to be recognized! I was actually nominated last year by somebody, and that is an honor in itself, though I never once thought there was a chance I would be selected and honored at the SNO meeting - what I/we are doing is pretty far outside the mainstream still. Plus I'm a relative newbie - there are people who've been working their whole lives for the GBM cause.

    Still very much appreciate all your kind words and the sentiment behind all this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trying to nominate Stephen for this badass award. I'm assuming they want HIS phone number, not mine. :) Stephen, what should we use???

      Delete
  5. Yes Stephen without a doubt. Sent nomination form in.

    People who work their all life are either dedicated professionals or survivors or like. You are none of those and yet you have done so much on your own without expecting anything in return.

    This is a simple "thank you so much", but in reality, your earn-back is the fulfillment of purposeful life that you are earning every day by helping save many life-years of other people. Keep going.... God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, I'm in! Stephen has made such a huge difference in our lives. I'm happy to nominate him!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, my wife and I agree. Stephen is the MVP on our cancer fighting team. We truly hope to meet him one day so we can give him our heartfelt thank-you in person.

    Stephen, thanks for helping all of us and giving us hope,
    Mike B.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I want also to nominate you stephen-- I apparently need a phone number, email and address to fill out the form--is there a way you could provide that?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I provided these details to Mike B, I'm not sure if more than one nomination is required, but can send to you as well.
      As I said before, I'm honored by the appreciation you're all showing me in wanting to nominate me for this, but the chance of an outsider like me being recognized by the SNO community (I'm not even a member) is small. I'm fine with that, and I'd echo the words of Ben Williams "On the other hand, my opinions are not constrained by the conventions of the medical system, which often hamstring oncologists in considering the possible options."

      However there's no harm in nominating. :)

      Delete
  9. Hi Everyone,

    Yes, I have sent a completed GBM Heroes Award nomination form recognizing Stephen's work to 'Cure' both electronically and via postal mail. I think it may be very beneficial and helpful if others, who are so inclined, also complete and submit the nomination form. For some reason, I found it a little tricky to submit the form electronically, but I finally figured out a way. The deadline for submission of the completed forms is SEPTEMBER 15, 2016.

    Thanks for your help,
    Mike B.

    ReplyDelete