Monday 25 July 2016

Slowing down glioblastoma progression in mice by running or the anti-malarial drug dihydroartemisinin?

This new study from Heidelberg (Wick et al.)  is the first orthotopic mouse GBM study I've seen with dihydroartemisinin (the main metabolite of the artemisinin compounds), although this was injected rather than give orally to the mice.

Also this is the first study I've seen showing exercise can improve the therapeutic effect of temozolomide.

Click here to view the study


1 comment:

  1. I can't find the link to the study, but years ago on PubMed I saw a study done on Sheep, cancer, and running. No chemotherapy was used.Sheep that were run moderately survived the shortest, sheep that didn't run survived a little longer, and sheep that were run the hard survived the longest.

    Unfortunately it hasn't helped prevent my grade 2 IDH mutated tumor from recurring twice.

    ReplyDelete