I'm new to this blog. I've read many posts and this is a great help to me, as I'm a beginner in the drug coctail treatment.
Our story briefly:
1) My father, 55, was diagnosed with an unknown brain tumor in October 2015 (the biggest dimension 43 mm). Craniotomy was carried out 3 days after the diagnosis. Preliminary histopathology - astrocytoma III, final result - glioblastoma IV.
2) First MRI after the surgery in December, right before chemoradiation, showed still a big tumour. According to the oncologist - radical recurrence. According to another neurosurgeon (we consulted the MR image in another hospital) - first craniotomy improperly done (!!). I'm not sure who's right... the other neurosurgeon, specialized in gliomas, was very convincing.
3) We decided for another surgery (by another surgeon). The resection must have been deeper as afterwards my dad's sight is worse (he sees everything darker, has problems with reading, seeing details etc., however he's getting better, it's been 6.5 weeks since the surgery).
4) Now chemoradiation. First cycle of Temodal during radiation for 42 days on a daily basis.
5) Tumour unmethylated, IDH1 negative. Other genetical tests of a frozen sample in progress.
We are at the very beginning of the drug&supplements treatment. It's very difficult to collect all the prescribed drugs. We're located in Poland. Started like that:
Temodal (150 mg/day);
Depakine (valproic acid) 2x500mg/day- prescribed by the neurosurgeon to prevent seizures;
Keppra (will start tomorrow, 2x500 mg/day)- added in order to sensitize the tumour for TMZ (prescribed by our GP on request, she agreed);
Dexamethasone (2 mg/day);
Proton pump inhibitor (1x/day) - drug called IPP20 in Poland;
"Pheonix tears" with high THC and CBD (rectal application) - 2 ml/day
Curcumin (up to 3000mg/day)
Vitamin C (1000 mg/day)
Sugar-free diet and radical reduction of meat. Working on reduction of gluten.
I have one question and would be grateful if anyone could advise sth:
What would be the best scheme of taking Keppra to sensitize the tumour for TMZ. Does it matter, if the first doze (500mg) is taken with Temodal on an empty stomach or he can take it later, after his daily radiation (with a meal afterwards)?
Should we add Prozac and Disulfiram, apart from Keppra, for a better chance of TMZ working?