Wednesday 19 August 2015

Danny Mercer Maintenance Cocktail

Updated 8-25-15: Here is a brief summary of my profile and my current maintenance cocktail. Feedback would be appreciated.

Diagnosed and sub-total resection Nov 2010. 4cm, right parietal/occipital grade 2 Oligodendroglioma; 1p/19q deleted, IDH1 mutation, CIC mutation, TP53 mutation. Standard radiation protocol and 8 rounds of Temodar. No change in tumor during, after, or since treatment. Makes me wonder if the aggressive approach was worth it.

Keppra: 500mg 2 times daily
Vimpat: 150mg 2 times daily
Metformin: starting with 250mg 1 time daily
Curcumin Longvida: 1000mg 1 time daily
Coriolus Versicolor (40% PSK): 600mg 1 time daily
D3: 5000 IUs 1 time daily
Melatonin: 5mg 1 time daily
Cimetidine: 200mg 1 time daily
Ritalin LA: 40mg 1 time daily (for fatigue)
Low glycemic diet (though not radical about it, just avoid refined sugars and high glycemic fruits)
Celebrex: (still deciding whether to take it)
Electrolytes Awareness: (Sodium, Magnesium, Potassium, Calcium-seem to help with aura seizure activity)

8 comments:

  1. Danny,
    Does it say anywhere in your reports which specific TP53 mutation was found (for example TP53 _###_ (the blanks being letters, and # being numbers).

    I would also suggest zinc supplementation because of the TP53 mutation.

    http://astrocytomaoptions.com/exploring-strategies-for-tp53-mutated-gliomas/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Danny, this is the most common TP53 mutation in IDH1-mutant tumors. The studies with zinc were done with the cell line U373, which has a mutation in the same codon (TP53 R273H), so these findings are likely applicable to an R273C mutation as well.

      Delete
    2. What about zinc supplementation with Oligos in general? I've been taking it because I happened to know I had a zinc deficiency.

      Delete
    3. Oligos generally are not TP53 mutated (Danny's is a rare case where the tumor had both 1p/19q codeletion, as well as TP53 mutation - they are normally mutually exclusive). There are of course other reasons to take zinc, but none that I'm aware of that apply specifically to oligodendrogliomas.

      Delete
  2. Good evening,
    My name is Raphael , I live in Brazil and I was rescentemente diagnosed with low-grade glioma , possibly grade 2 , to be confirmed by a biopsy that will be held later . Also there is a doubt because some doctors want to operate , and others only follow up with magnetic resonance imaging .
    I am contacting you because I realized you guys have a lot of experience in the area , and could give me tips on how to face the disease.
    I saw you guys use some cokteis that are fundamental.
    My dilemma would be that some of the cocktail components can increase the grade of the tumor .
    Could you help me somehow ??
    Is there anyone in Brazil in the group ??
    Sorry errors , do not speak English and I am taking help of Google Translate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome Raphael.

      Matias is a member of our group also living in Brazil.

      I've sent you an invite to your Gmail. When you accept this invitation, then you will be able to start a new post.

      The first thing I would ask about is the IDH1 status of the tumor (mutant or not). Also is it astrocytoma or oligodendroglioma? It really helps to know some of this genetic information when planning a treatment strategy.

      Delete
  3. I apologize because I know that the group is intended for Glioblastoma , but I'm too scared .
    My email is raphaelgabrieli@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete