Tuesday 6 June 2017

Cleaning up gadolinium

For those that do literally dozens of MRIs with contrast I have been reading some articles on the accumulation of gadolinium in the body. This is a very good link explaining the risks and the various brands used during MRIs:

https://gadoliniumtoxicity.com/background/gbcas/

I called up today to inquire about the substance I have been receiving and I was met with some resistance in typical British "you are the patient, no need to know" attitude. But eventually I was told that the last two MRIs were with Gadavist which is one of the safest.

However I have also been reading on whether it is possible to eliminate it from our systems because if you have read the link above, well it accumulates.

There is a very good all round introduction on the subject here:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3654245/

**************

I would like to ask has anyone here gone on a chelation attempt ? What were your experiences?



PS: I am editing my original post as I cannot reply to any comments:

This is what I have found out so far.

https://www.inspire.com/groups/american-brain-tumor-association/discussion/gadolinium-2/

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the links! I have a 10-year old who has been having contrasted MRI's every three months for about 8 years. I have raised concerns about Gadolinium with her Oncologist for years, and similar to you, I've been met with a stony wall of silence.

    So the upshot is to eat lots of broccoli, garlic, coriander and supplement with Selenium?

    ReplyDelete