Wednesday 6 September 2017

ONC 201 plus ?

Dear all,
My son is currently on ONC 201 compassionate use trial (H3 K27 tumor recurrence). While our NO will most likely insist on just doing one-agent trial, I feel we should push for at least a consideration of adding another chemo to it. I think a combo of Avastin and Irotican could be reasonable - I read
that in mice, Avastin added to ONC 201 showed trifold efficacy. On the other hand , I am concerned about the long-term effect of Avastin. Any other ideas? I am just afraid to only stick with one gent. We can certainly just try to continue with CUSP 9 or medendazol.  Thanks!

3 comments:

  1. If its a n=1 compassionate access, it may be tough. The drug developer could also block the additional drugs.

    It might be worth pushing for Avastin's inclusion in the protocol, just so it could be added in the event that its needed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, David! I have to check with our NO - i think he tried to put the protocol together in a way that might allow it

      Delete