Wednesday 1 November 2017

DNX-201 With Pembrolizumab (Keytruda)

Hello All,

I am looking for any comments, experience and suggestions with the DNX-2401 trial.

The Phase II just opened and I am enrolled for the procedure on Monday.

My GBM was resected in June 2015 and there has been some mass increases in the area between my cavity and skull.  Shows some signs of tumor and some signs as necrosis.


Of the couple of trial options offered to me, (southern California) these seems like the best, like the biopsy aspect of this trial.

When I asked a GBM research scientist friend of mine, I got the following comment:

Paraphased:

 - DNX-2401 is a one shot try.  If it comes back up the biopsy hole, then nothing is going to happen.

So this makes sense, that if no DNX-201 then nothing for the PD1 to work on.

But is this really a concern?

Any, why cannot you just re-inject if this happens?

Marc



2 comments:

  1. Have you heard if they're still in the initial dose finding phase of the trial (3 different doses of DNX-2401 will be tested), or have they moved into the second phase using the dose determined in the initial phase?
    https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT02798406

    I can't say if your friend's concern is a real one, that sounds like a question for a neurosurgeon with experience in this technique (the technique being intratumoral administration of a therapy via cannula).

    PD-1 inhibitors alone can be effective in more immunogenic tumors - for example tumors that have recurred as hypermutated tumors following initial temozolomide treatment (this is more likely to happen in MGMT-methylated cases).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stephen,

    Thanks for taking the time to respond.

    Yes, page two of the trial info states, goal is to find out how much DNX-2401 to admission. My wife was told the amount changes every 12 patients.

    I have asked the NO the same question and waiting a response.

    I am MGMT-Methylated.

    Marc

    ReplyDelete