Friday 5 April 2019

Hi dear all,
Hope you are doing alright. I came with two questions. I've got my father CMV igg test and it is 17 (i.e. within borderline range).
I wonder if valacyclovir could work on an inopreable tumor of a 5mm size or it is only helpful on small size?
and more importantly, I found that apparently valacyclovir cannot be find here anymore, which is really frustrating. I know that you need prescription for that, but if you have any suggestion to provide it from a trustful source please let me know. I'll do anything to find it if it is helpful....as if gbm alone is not enough, politics and other factors play role in this scary scene.
I wish one day we could all live in a better world...do not know how people with more serious CMV situation are coping with this!      

2 comments:

  1. Most of the studies in GBM have been done with valganciclovir (Valcyte) which is as a similar, but not identical drug to valacyclovir (Valtrex, etc.). Have you looked at availability of Valcyte or generic versions of valganciclovir in your country?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah sorry that was more of a typo. I asked first about Valcyte and then some similar drugs. But I could not find any so far. I will search more but I'll really appreciate any foreign sources. Many thanks.

    ReplyDelete