Wednesday 9 October 2019

Intense itching. could it be due to a supplement?

Advice and experience sought.
Having completed 6.5 weeks of radiotherapy and daily temozolomide for a grade 3 astrocytoma, I started to develop fairly intractable itching - sometimes on my legs, arms or back (which is where it is currently). It started fleetingly while I was going through the treatment, so I assumed it was a reaction to temozolomide. My blood tests were all fine when I had my last dose of treatment. It's been over two weeks since my last dose of temozolomide and the itching is getting worse. I wondered whether anyone had experienced such symptoms with any of the following cocktail?
  • Boswellia (WokVel): 999mg / day
  • Vitamin D: 10,000IU / day
  • Curcumin (Longvida): 1000mg/day
  • ECGC (TeaVigo) Green tea extract 1/day
  • Melatonin: 20mg at night
  • Omega 3 Fish Oils: 3000mg daily of EPA +DHA
  • Chloroquine phosphate 250mg/ day
  • Selenium: 200mcg/day
  • Etodolac: 600mg/day
  • CBD oil: 50mg+ / day
I'm going to see my family doctor to check whether it is anything obvious, and to get kidney and liver function blood tests done.

Any other ideas or suggestions?

4 comments:

  1. Had a similar response when I got my immune system too cranked up from the combo of chemo and supplements (mainly I think the mushroom sups). Resulted in sensitivity to lotion, sunscreen, allergens, etc.

    Had to cut back on hot showers, be very selective on lotion use and could only do pure mineral sunscreens or would get itchy and fine orange peel looking skin. It was mainly on my face.

    So may be a similar thing to you. Or in your case maybe it is a reaction to a specific supplement in which case you might just have to experiment, like drop half of them for a week or 2, then switch to the other half of the list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've also seen in Facebook that somee people had such reaction with generic temodal... I'm just quoting though, best of luck

    ReplyDelete
  4. This can be a reaction to Temozolomide. This can also be a paraneoplastic phenomenon due to tumor.

    ReplyDelete