Wednesday 27 July 2016

Rest peacefully Dad.

So it is my turn at last.  My father, Allen Spencer Scates, passed away peacefully in his home on Thursday July 21st.  His death was actually very nice, if you can say that about a death.  Both of his sisters made it in time from out of state to say their goodbyes.  When he took his last breath he was held by my mother, which is what he would have wanted.  I think the hardest part in this journey for me was the diagnosis and immediate months to follow.  I hope that can comfort some of you.

As others have done, I would like to 'pay it forward' with our remaining meds.  I have Temodar, Depakote - 500mg, Keppra - 500mg, 750mg, 1000mg, Dex - 4mg, Verapamil - 180mg ER, Disulfiram - 250mg.  I'm sure there are more supplements and things but I haven't dug through yet.  Please reach out if you would like any of these.  I also have a login to the entire Truth About Cancer series.  I bought the whole thing but it's still in the box so no idea if its of any value.  I'm happy to share the login to watch it online.  All I ask in return is that you share anything you gain with this group.

My sincere love to all of you and what you are going through.  This group gave me hope and strength.  I plan to stay in touch and track your journeys.  I will be rooting for you.

Love,
Annie   anniescates@gmail.com

Dad's 63rd birthday last year, and my wedding in 2008.

12 comments:

  1. Hi Annie,
    I totally relate to your first sentence, it's scary but reality.
    So sad that any of us have to go through this. You have been amazing in your efforts to help your dad if only every father was lucky enough to have a daughter like you. Beautiful photos.
    x
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Annie, I am so sorry. Nothing but love and peace to you and the family. Thanks for including your email address. I'll be in touch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sorry Annie. May God bring you and your family some peace in all this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you all. Your friendship in this has meant so much to me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry to hear. I wish your family all the best during this time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bless you Annie and thank you for sharing these lovely photos. I'm so sorry for your loss and I thank you for the way you described it. Love never dies x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bless you Annie. Stay strong. Thank you for sharing the story and journey. Peace be with you! ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dearest Annie,

    My wife and I are so sorry to hear about your Dad. We are so glad our paths crossed at the conference. Your love for your father was very evident and endearing- and in that respect he was a very lucky man.

    Wishing you peace,
    Mike B.



    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so sorry, Honey, but I know your dad is just waiting until it's everyone else's turn to cross over and then he will be ready to greet you with open arms. You all gave him a beautiful send off, which is the most helpful thing we can do on this side when the time comes. Well done.

    ReplyDelete