Wednesday 24 July 2019

Alternative to Bosellia Wokvel?

I've seen previous posts explaining the rationale behind the recommendation of Boswellia (WokVel) preparation. However, this formulation is currently out of stock from all suppliers in my area (UK). I note from Ben Williams' book that the dose of boswellia used in the cited German trial (showing reduced oedema) was 4200 mg/day, which is much higher than the 999mg suggested on this site. What's the best alternative to WokVel, given that I am unable to source it? I assume that taking it alongside Celecoxib is tried-and-tested?

2 comments:

  1. Boswellia Serrata Extract is readily available on Amazon...at least in the US. The Herbal Secrets brand I purchase for my son is standardized to 65% Boswellic acids & each capsule is 600 mg.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You likely have seen this post and the associated comments already, but

    https://btcocktails.blogspot.com/2018/05/bioavailability-of-wokvel-boswellia.html#comment-form

    In the comments I went into the math comparing plasma levels of two different Boswellia formulations. The 4200 mg per day comes from the Kirste 2011 study
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21287538

    But plasma levels of KBA found in that study was much less than plasma levels found after 333 mg of Wokvel, which uses the same solid lipid technology as Longvida curcumin.

    Are you able to mail order Wokvel from a different country? There are probably other improved bioavailable formulations out there, but I haven't researched it lately so I can't give you any brand names.

    I've never seen any papers where Boswellia is taken along with celecoxib, but it's likely many on this blog have tried that combo.

    ReplyDelete