Thursday 20 August 2015

Chemo & Low Blood Pressure, Adrenal Crisis? & rCBV MRI

Today when we went in for hubby's MRI, his BP was 89/50, pulse 48!!   Yikes!  His pulse has been abnormally low over the last year but his BP never this low.  When I went back on Cancer Compass, some folks commented about that issue whereby they had adrenal crisis from the Chemo.   All trial doc did was send him for saline IV to see if he was dehydrated.   I called my primary doc and had him order an electrocardiogram.  Think I may need to look into it further.  It does explain why all of a sudden hubby was not himself.

Stephen, any thoughts?

BTW, his MRI was still stable but blood run awful so off the CCNU again til platelets come up!

Orig GBM diagnosis:  Aug 2013
Optune for newly diagnosed:  Jan 2014
NO think Recurrence??:  Jan 2015 - I disagree....I think Necrosis, etc. but since spot has stayed stable, we don't know.  Next MRI will do rCBV/perfusion MRI (Regional Cerebral Blood Volume) to see if we can figure out what spot is.
Either way, we are celebrating 2 yrs of life since original diagnosis where they gave hubby 3-6 mos to live!!   Yeah team!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment