Sunday 30 August 2015

Omeprazole dose

Steven and others using Omeprazole

I am considering adding omeprazole during TMZ rounds.  The only research I have seen was using omeprazole with DCA and the omeprazole dose was 2 mg/kg which sees high to me.  From Bens information I seem to recall him stating that with Nexium, the lower dose provided better results in one study.  Does anyone know of any research showing an acceptable dose reange for TMZ/omeprazole combination?  I suspect there is none, but we have a diverse group of people here so I thought someone might have some information.

Those that are combining omeprazole with TMZ, what does are you using?  Are you also concurrently using cimetidine?

Thank you for your thoughts!

Mike

4 comments:

  1. My brother is using omeprazole and cimetidine together for a few months without any problems already but I'm not sure exactly what dosage because he is in Europe ,I'm in US and his wife is giving him drugs, and I don't know how much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cornel, my huby using also omeprazole 40 mg/day and cimetidine 400 mg/day together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Here is an email I got from Andrew Yassing about dosing DCA and Omeprasole together.

    "I started at 33mg/kg/day, lowered that to 25mg/kg after two rounds 2x(2 weeks on + pause 1 week), importantly doing Chloroquinethroughout!
    I suggest 3 x 120mg Omeprazole - I just did a few rounds of that exact schedule, divide the DCA into 3 daily doses - with the largest fraction at bedtime to maximally benefit from gravity!
    If you can source Sulindac that should also be useful both OMP and SUL synnergize with DCA according to recent studies/models"

    ReplyDelete