Tuesday 17 May 2016

Dose anyone know of any drugs targeting vegf?

Hi all
My dad had his scan results last Friday.
Over a month ago we was told that the tumor is growing and it spread to the other side of the brain so they took him of Temodar.
However on Friday we got the result and it was quite different. It hasn't grown atall and the blood supply is slowing to the tumor.
I have my dad on a wide range of repurposed drugs and supplements so it would be hard to say what's working.
Dose anyone know of any that would do this ?

1 comment:

  1. Avastin targets VEGF. My side effects hoarse voice w/o pain, mild disruption of nail fold capillary beds, question on ability to be able to condition myself in exercise as all capillary beds are affected. No muscle weakness that is new since my surgery for anaplastic astrocytoma grade III, no muscle pain or mood changes. Very expensive so hope father has good insurance. Dose is 800mg per dose, about $20,000. My first two doses stopped my cerebral edema w/o use of steroids, so I was happy with that. Another MRI coming up soon to see if I can stay off of Avastin (have not had another dose for 2 months, and happy with that, as I can speak again with a near normal voice). Hope this helps. Paul

    ReplyDelete