Friday 25 September 2015

Cocktail for other cancers?

I hope that people here will not get angry at me. So we have a cocktail for glioblastoma. I know some people with other cancer types. Are any of the drugs or supplements in our cocktails safe to advise for people with other cancer types? Nobody of us has much time to do a lot of research but maybe I can pick some of our drugs and make a sort of cancer cocktail blueprint which I can pass to few of the people with cancer that I know and who have all kinds of cancer?

2 comments:

  1. From what I understand that is essentially what the Care Oncology Clinic in London is trying to do.

    http://careoncologyclinic.com/cancer-treatment-options/

    Personally though, if I wanted to beat a cancer I wouldn't want a generalized protocol, but one that was tailored to my specific cancer type. Still, many of these drugs that we discuss here have also been found effective in other cancers, at least in preclinical testing. My approach would be to take our list of drugs and see what the evidence is for whatever other type of cancer I was interested in. And there should be a larger number of drugs effective in other types of cancer, as the blood-brain barrier is not an issue.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I would say specificity to that type of cancer is paramount, but keep in mind, all of our cocktails have a direct cytotoxic component that targets GBM, while the other half of the cocktail is generally indirect through the effects on the immune system.

    I generally feel comfortable recommending anything that has the indirect immune system benefits, and then tell people that they will need to research their particular cancer and their particular chemotherapy.

    ReplyDelete